Child Safe Guarding in Belmayne ETNS
- In Belmayne ETNS strong Child Safe Guarding procedures permeate every aspect of school life and the day to day running of our school.
- From a curricular perspective all children in Belmayne ETNS will receive safety lessons through Social Personal and Health Education subject (S.P.H.E.). These lessons will be taught in each class, level every year. Please follow the link for more information on the Stay Safe Programme.
- Please note that Principal –Sinéad O’Meara is the Designated Liaison Person (DLP) for Child Protection and Deputy Principal Gearóid O Flatharta is the Deputy Designated Liaison Person (DDLP).
- All staff working in our school are Mandated which means they must report any Child Safe Guarding concerns to the Child and Family Agency, Tusla.
- November 2019 Update: We conducted a full review of our Child Safeguarding Statement to reflect the Safeguarding implications of our new building. The review was conducted by the ISM. A draft was then submitted to the Board of Management who further reviewed and ratified the statement. If you would like to read our Child Safeguarding Statement 2019-2020 please click on this link below.
- Alternatively you can look at our current Safe Guarding documents; they are available for your perusal in the reception area of the main school building.
- If you have any feedback on our Child Safe Guarding Policies or Procedures, we would welcome your input. Please email anyone on the In School Management Team with your input and we will consider it carefully and pass it on to the Board of Management for review if necessary.
Contact details for ISM:
- Sinead – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gearóid – email@example.com
- Joe – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viv – email@example.com
- Geni – firstname.lastname@example.org
The following links will provide you with more information on the National Guidance documents that we are compliant with.
If you would like to undertake some training to raise your own awareness of Child Safe Guarding please consider taking these online training courses.
Follow the links below.